Here are some things you can do to avoid needing a heating repair in Mahwah, NJ this winter.
- Replace the filter – clogged filters restrict the flow of heated air and make the heating system work harder. When doing this consider upgrading your filter as well. Using a HEPA filter will increase the efficiency as well.
- Remove all objects from around your heating source – Boxes, clothing, aerosol cans, anything flammable really should all be removed from the area.
- Inspect the blower belt – if your furnace has a blower belt check it for any cracks and check the tightness.
- Set your programmable thermostat – if you have a programmable thermostat, set it to lower the temperature during the day time when you are not at home, and during the night when you are asleep. This can end up saving you huge on your bill.
- Clear your vents – Make sure that all of your heating output vents are clear of furniture and clutter, increasing the airflow will lower the lower the strain on the heater.
If you find that there is a problem with your heater it is important to call a heating repair specialist. Taking these steps now will save you the headache and potentially cold nights in the long run.
For more information on heating repair in Mahwah, NJ, call 1st Choice Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning today at 201-288-0390!