A boiler system is an integral heating system, and as the cold winter months continue on, it is important to make sure that your boiler does not malfunction. If you are asking yourself any of the following questions, you need a boiler repair in Bergen County, NJ to restore your boiler to its properly working condition again:
- Where is the heat? If you are noticing a lack of heat, the performance level of your boiler may be dropping. This is one of the first signs that you may have a problem with your boiler, and should be addressed before more problems occur.
- What are those sounds? If you hear unusual noises coming from your boiler, this is a sign that you are in need of boiler repair. Sounds that can come from a boiler include hissing or clunking noises. Both of these noises indicate a similar problem: that the iron or sludge deposits are causing an unequal distribution of water. If this problem persists and is not addressed, the system can overheat and completely shut down.
- What is that smell? Do not disregard any odors you may have started to smell in your home. A strange and unfamiliar odor could mean that your boiler has a gas leak, and this problem should not be ignored. What can be even more dangerous is a carbon monoxide problem. Carbon monoxide is a odorless gas. Test for carbon monoxide right away to be on the safe side.
- Why is there water around my boiler? Your boiler is leaking if you find water around its base. This loss of water can make it very difficult for your boiler to heat water to its correct temperature. It also requires more fuel to work properly, which can create more problems over time.
- Is my boiler too old? Age can play a factor in the functionality of your boiler. Many things eventually start to decline in operation as they get older, and boilers are no different. If this is the case, it may require more routine maintenance, or it could indicate that an entirely new boiler must be installed.
For more information on boiler repair in Bergen County, NJ, call 1st Choice Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning today at 201-288-0390!