After the cold winter months it is best to check your heating system for any of the common problems most homeowners face. These problems can usually be remedied at home, with some basic tools. Although there are potentially hundreds of reasons that your system may not be properly working. Checking these first is a good start.
- Thermostat malfunctions – this can cause problems with the heating levels and the fans. If you do find your thermostat to be faulty, it is best to call an expert for this due to the amount of wiring involved.
- Air flow problems – Fan motors, belts and bearings can all cause air flow problems. If any of these parts are not working properly it could cause overheating and poor heat control.
- Dirty/clogged filters – The most common problem with heating systems, especially after a long winter. Changing the filter, and even upgrading the filter will ensure your heating system starts running more efficiently.
- Furnace and heating system pilot and ignition problems – If this starts to malfunction it may result in heating problems that are not so easily DIY.
- Lack of maintenance – Sometimes homeowners don't realize the importance of having their heating system regularly maintained. This may cause breakdowns in the system and poor efficiency. These can result in costly repairs and heating bills.
If you are experiencing any of these problems, or need regular maintenance on your heating system, call a professional heating repair NJ company. 1st Choice Plumbing and Heating are experts in heating systems and offer affordable heating repair in NJ.
1st Choice Plumbing
Hasbrouck Hts, NJ 07604